- Age restriction
- Data we collect
- Use of data
- Marketing messages
- Seeing our advertisements online
- Seeing third party advertisements online based on your use of the Services
- Push Notifications
- Sharing your data
- Cross-border data transfers
- Retention of your data
- Your right to manage your data
- Cookie Notice
- How to contact us
1. Age restriction
1.1 We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years of age. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal data, we will take steps to remove such personal data and terminate the child’s user account (if any).
2. Data we collect
2.1 Data you provide to Games.lol
We collect data from you when you call or write to Games.lol, create a user account or user profile for the Services, sign up with Games.lol to receive information, newsletters and/or updates, post or upload content via the Services, or use the Services to organize, conduct and manage or participate in online game contests, competitions, events and/or tournaments (each an “Event”).
The data collected from you may include, without limitation, your name (which may be your real name or a user name), e-mail address, phone number, user profile picture and/or avatar and social network account information.
The Services may allow you to create a user/player profile that others can see. Such a profile may include, without limitation, a profile photo, a user name, your gender; biographic details (like your age or age range), location information that you provide, links to your profiles on social networking sites, details about the games you play, your player status and statistics, your avatar and player name/ID.
The Services may also allow you to upload, transmit, post or generate comments and other content that others can see, such as on our blogs, forums, wikis, social networking pages, in-app message boards and online community portals. You should be aware that such content may be accessible and viewable by others. Your content may still be publicly accessible and viewable even after you cease to use the Services or you cancel your user account (if any).
2.2 Data collected from your use of the Services
Games.lol (or service providers acting on our behalf) may collect data about the Services that you use and how you use them. This data may be collected automatically by tracking technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, our own data collection tools or various third party services. Some of this data may not identify you but Games.lol may connect this data with personal data we have about you, such as your social network account information or Games.lol user account information (if any).
Device information: Device-specific information, including, without limitation, technical information about your computer, system and application software and peripherals, such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers (UDID), mobile network information (including, without limitation, phone number), device event information (such as crashes), system activity and hardware settings.
Log information: Information about your use of the Services, such as browser type, access data and time stamps, pages viewed, your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browsing actions and patterns, application activity (such as app names, app upload, app download, app installation, app uninstallation, app start, app play duration, app stop, app crashes, app network activity and app resource consumption), your in-game name and profile, game score and achievements, metadata concerning your Android apps download, and other interactions with the Services and third party advertisements.
Location information: Information about your physical location, if you use location-enabled Services, such as a location-enabled app. Games.lol may also use other technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. The location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by us to provide and improve location based products and services. By using a location-enabled app, you consent to us processing information about your actual location.
Third party app information: Information about any third party apps that you download or install for play using the Services and any updates, such as the name of the app store or app market, its IP address, the application version number, or any unique application identification number associated with them.
Local storage information: Information about storage consumed on your device by Android apps download and their app-specific data when you play using the Services.
Player profile information: If you use the Services to play games, Games.lol may use artificial intelligence and other technologies to capture data you supply in order to run the game and/or data generated by playing the game (your “player profile”). Your player profile may include, without limitation, the games you have played, your player name/ID, avatar, ranking, standings, points scored or earned, timing, your objectives and goals in the game, the outcome of the game (e.g. win, lose or draw), statistics (e.g. kills, deaths, losses), your communications with other players of the game, and playthroughs and audio feeds from the player screen. Games.lol may connect your player profile with personal data we have about you.
2.3 Data you provide to organizers of Events
The Services enable users to create and manage Events. The organizer of an Event may request for data from participants or attendees, including personal data, in order to register them for the Event. Any data you provide in connection with Event registration or for access to an Event will be available to both the Event organizer and us.
2.4 Not providing your personal data
You do not need to provide personal data to Games.lol. You may also withdraw your consent to Games.lol’s collection, use and disclosure of your personal data at any time. In that event, however, Games.lol may not be able to provide to you, and you may cease to be able to use, the Services, or you may not enjoy them to the fullest extent possible.
3. Use of data
3.1 We use data held about you for the following purposes:
- (a) to serve you, in particular:
(8) to personalize the Services and improve your user experience
(b) as part of the Services, to suggest or recommend to you games to play, based on your preferences, interests, location and/or player profile and history
(c) as part of the Services, to allow users of the Services to create and manage Events and to allow users of the Services to find Events to join, including, without limitation:
- (1) to send you information and updates on such Events, promotions, incentives, and rewards offered in connection with such Events(2) to display your player profile to other users of the Services(3) to disclose your player profile on the Services or in marketing materials or press releases for the purpose of publicising the Services or such Events, and related promotions, incentives, and rewards
(d) for our internal operations, in particular:
- (1) to track, analyze and understand trends and usage in connection with the Services and record or report end-user actions over the Internet to a central analytics database. Without limitation, such actions may include:
- • Software downloads completed successfully
• Software installations completed successfully
• Android Apps Download installed successfully
• Android Apps Download started successfully
• Android Apps Download failed to start
• Android Apps Download started but failed midstream
(3) to measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we provide to you and others
(4) to carry out all other statistical analysis, data analysis, testing, research and troubleshooting
(5) to develop and/or improve our products and services
(6) to carry out staff training
(7) to carry out financial, regulatory and management reporting, and audit and record keeping
- • Software downloads completed successfully
(e) for security and legal purposes, in particular:
- (1) to manage, prevent, detect and investigate fraud, security breaches, violations of law, and misuse of the Services(2) to verify your compliance with our terms and conditions, policies and guidelines(3) to enforce our legal and contractual rights(4) to comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request(5) to protect Games.lol’s property rights
3.2 We may also collect, use and share personal data to such extent and for such purposes as may be permitted by applicable law.
4. Marketing messages
4.1 We will send you marketing messages with your consent.
4.2 You may choose not to receive marketing messages from Games.lol at any time. You can do this in any of the following ways:
- (a) By changing your account settings;(b) By clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing email;(c) By sending an unsubscribe message to the number given in the marketing SMS;or(d) By contacting our customer care team at firstname.lastname@example.org
4.3 Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages. Please note it might take a few days for all our systems to be updated, so you might still receive messages from us while we process your request.
4.4 Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as service messages, including, without limitation, service updates, purchase confirmations, security alerts, technical notices and support and administrative messages).
5. Seeing our advertisements online
6. Seeing third party advertisements online based on your use of the Services</p
6.1 Advertising revenue allows Games.lol to support and improve the Services. Games.lol allows third party advertisers to place banners and ads on the Services. If an advertiser places a banner or ad on the Services, it may collect, or we may share, certain data, including, without limitation:
- (a) online usage information (for example, the number of clicks on an advertisement);(b) aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other users collectively (for example, users between the ages of 21 and 25 who live in San Francisco);(c) technical information (for example, IP address, device identifiers, MAC address, software and hardware information and browser information); and/or(d) other contextual data (for example, data about your game play such as your level and session length).
6.2 The advertiser may use such information for the following purposes:
- (a) measure the effectiveness of the advertisements;(b) remember your device so as to serve you advertisements online, both on the Services or when you are on other websites and apps;(c) send you advertising which is more relevant to you (this is known as contextual or behavioral advertising); and/or(d) undertake web analytics (for example, by analyzing traffic and other user activity to improve user experience).
6.3 Advertisers may collect this information through the use of advertising technologies such as web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
6.4 Please note that if you click on a third party banner or ad on the Services, you may leave the Services and be directed to a third party website.
7. Push Notifications
7.1 From time to time, we may send push notifications to you. If you choose to disable push notifications, you will opt out of receiving crucial account related communication. You may disable push notifications by changing your account settings.
8. Sharing your data
8.1 We do not sell personal data to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes.
- (a) Games.lol affiliates and subsidiaries. This is because different entities within our group may be responsible for different activities.(b) Service providers, business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and agents that perform services we need to provide you with the Services or to run our business, including, without limitation, IT services, cloud services, data storage, database management, web analytics, website operations, fraud investigations, marketing and advertising.(c) Other users of the Services to enable them to use the Services, including, without limitation, to view your player profile, issue you invitations or challenges in relation to a game, register you as a team member for a game, organize, conduct and manage Events or participate in Events which you organize, conduct and manage or are a part of.(d) Law enforcement, regulatory agencies, public agencies and other third parties that Games.lol in good faith believes that disclosure is reasonably necessary to
- (1) comply with applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental or regulatory request or court order,(2) enforce Games.lol’s legal and contractual rights,(3) protect Games.lol, our users and others from harm of any kind,(4) prevent fraud or abuse of Games.lol or our users and/or(5) protect Games.lol’s property rights.
(f) Third parties that we have your consent or instructions to share your personal data with.
8.3 We may disclose aggregated data to third parties about the use of the Services. This will not include, without limitation, data which could be used to identify you.
9. Cross-border data transfers
9.1 In order to provide the Services, we operate and use data centres in several territories around the world. Where the laws of your country allow you to do so, you authorize us to transfer, store, process and use your data in any country that we deem necessary in order to conduct our business.
9.2 If we transfer and store personal data in a location outside the United States or the European Union, we ensure an adequate level of protection for the rights of data subjects based on the adequacy of the receiving country’s data protection laws or by imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of the data.
9.3 We will use reasonable measures to protect personal data under our control from security risks. However, no data transmission over the Internet, over wireless transmissions, and no data storage system is ever completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data.
10. Retention of your data
11. Your right to manage your data
11.1 You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- (a) Access. You have the right to access data we hold about you. We will need you to prove your identity before we release any personal data to you.(b) Rectification or erasure. You have the right to request that we rectify or delete any personal data that we hold about you (unless we have the legal right or obligation to retain it). Even if you request that we erase your data, we may still keep it in a form that does not identify you.(c) Restriction. You have the right to restrict your use of personal data if the data is inaccurate, our use of the data is unlawful or if we no longer need to use the data for the purposes for which we hold it.(d) Change of preferences. You can change your data processing preferences at any time. For example, if you have given your consent to direct marketing, but have changed your mind, you can opt out of receiving marketing messages. See the section on “Marketing messages” above for how to stop receiving marketing messages.(e) Automated decision making. We may use your personal data to carry out automated decision-making and profiling for the purpose of identifying what data or advertising you might like to see from us. If you have any questions in respect of our automated decision-making processes or the accuracy of them, please let us know.(f) Data portability. You have the right to obtain personal data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal data which you have provided to us and (b) if we are processing that data on the basis of your consent (such as your marketing preference data) or to perform a contract with you (such as to manage your online account).(g) Complaints. If for any reason you are not happy with the way that we have handled your personal data, please do not hesitate to contact us. You also have the right to raise a complaint to your local data protection regulator.
11.2 If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us. If you have a user account with us, you may also view and manage your account data using the software or online features we make available to you.
11.3 If you ask us to stop processing your personal data in a certain way or erase your personal data, and this type of processing or data is needed to facilitate your use of the Services, you may not be able to use the Services as you did before.
11.4 The rights mentioned above do not extend to non-personal data.
12.2 If we make significant changes, we will make that clear on the Services or by some other means of contact such as email, so that you are able to review the changes before you continue to use the Services.
13. Cookie Notice
13.1 To make our websites work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device.
13.2 What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so that you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you do not want data collected this way, there is a simple procedure in most browsers that allows you to deny or accept the cookies feature. Please read the section on “How to control cookies” below to learn more on how to do this.
Games.lol uses the following types of cookies:
- (a) Strictly necessary cookies. These are required for the operation of our websites. For example, they enable you to navigate the website and use the features of the website, such as logging in to secure areas of the website and remembering data you have entered on forms when you move to other pages within a browser session. Without Strictly necessary cookies, certain services which you have asked for will not be made possible and our website may not perform as smoothly as you would expect.(b) Analytical/performance cookies. These collect data about your use of our websites. For example, they count the number of visitors, record how visitors move around the website and the difficulties they may have with the website when they are using it. This helps Games.lol improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect data that identifies you personally and all data that is collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous.(c) Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our website, to personalize content for you and to remember your account preferences. All of these features help us to improve your visit to our website.
13.4 Third party cookies
Third parties (including, without limitation, for example, advertisers and providers of external services such as web traffic analysis services) may use their own cookies or other technologies over which Games.lol has no control. Cookies placed by third parties may serve different purposes. They may be Strictly necessary, Analytical/performance, Functionality or other cookies.
We do not have access or control over the cookies placed by third parties and uses of such cookies are subject to their own privacy policies. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each of our third parties.
13.5 Google Analytics
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our users use the Services and how we may improve the Services. You can read more about how Google uses your personal data here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
13.6 How to control cookies
You can control and/or reject or delete cookies as you wish. For details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. However, if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Further, strictly necessary cookies and Analytical/performance cookies are very important to the smooth running of our website. If you delete or reject these cookies, we cannot predict how our website will perform when you visit it. The security of your data may also be at risk of compromise.
14. How to contact us
Last Updated: 29th June, 2018